Hall of Famers, St. Jude Patient, Service Members and Northwestern Star/Illinois State Senator Napoleon Harris to Participate in Draft Celebrations, Also teams will Announce Rounds 4-7 Picks at Unique Locations Across the Country.
The excitement of the 2015 NFL Draft continues on Day 2 and 3 as special guests participate in the Draft celebrations and teams announce Rounds 4-7 picks at various locations selected by clubs.
Thirty-two former players from the NFL Legends community, one representing each team, will be featured for Round 2 presented by Bud Light. Six Pro Football Hall of Fame members will participate including MEL BLOUNT, DICK BUTKUS, WILLIE BROWN, JIM KELLY,CHARLES HALEY and DWIGHT STEPHENSON.
Round 3 Draft announcements will feature St. Jude patient, SAMANTHA JONES, from Dunlap, Ill., an Army service member and Illinois State Senator NAPOLEON B. HARRIS III, a Northwestern University star and former Oakland Raiders first-round selection in the 2002 NFL Draft.
On Saturday, May 2, Draft Town turns into Draft Nation as Chicago’s Selection Square serves as the hub of Day 3. Teams will announce Rounds 4-7 picks at stadiums, practice facilities and other unique locations. Pick announcements will be broadcast in Selection Square,the epicenter of the Draft, located outside across Michigan Avenue from the Auditorium Theatre.
For the first time, fans can experience every Rounds 4-7 pick announcement on NFL Draft live platforms such as NFL.com, NFL Mobile by Verizon, NFL Now, XBox One and Yahoo! Sports. NFL Network will also feature select picks from all 32 teams live on NFL Network Draft programming.
From Hall of Famers to Super Bowl champions, celebrities to season ticket members, all 32 teams will announce picks in special ways. Eight teams will announce picks from stadiums, 13 from practice facilities and 11 from special locations in team markets. A sampling of unique locations include:
- Atlanta Falcons – College Football Hall of Fame
- Chicago Bears – NFL Network set in Selection Square
- New England Patriots – CBS Scene Restaurant at Patriot Place
- Seattle Seahawks – Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Oakland Raiders – Travis Air Force Base
Additional Draft day three announcement highlights include the Denver Broncos and New York Jets announcing a pick in both English and Spanish, the Jacksonville Jaguars announcing picks from both London and Jacksonville, and Minnesota announcing selections at the Vikings new stadium construction site. Below is a list of all 32 team locations for Day Three Draft announcements:
|Stadium (8)||Practice Facility (15)||Off-Site (9)|
|Arizona Cardinals||Cleveland Browns||Atlanta Falcons|
|Buffalo Bills||Baltimore Ravens||Chicago Bears|
|Carolina Panthers||Denver Broncos||Green Bay Packers|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Detroit Lions||Houston Texans|
|Dallas Cowboys||Indianapolis Colts||New England Patriots|
|Jacksonville Jaguars||Kansas City Chiefs||Oakland Raiders|
|New York Giants||Miami Dolphins||Minnesota Vikings|
|San Francisco 49ers||New Orleans Saints||Seattle Seahawks|
|New York Jets||Tennessee Titans|
|San Diego Chargers|
|St. Louis Rams|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
As previously announced, below is the list of former players scheduled to make selections. Combined, players listed below have 22 Super Bowl championships and 92 Pro Bowl appearances. Hall of Famers are listed in bold and the class of 2015 is indicated by **.
|Arizona Cardinals||ADRIAN WILSON||S|
|Atlanta Falcons||TODD MCCLURE||C|
|Baltimore Ravens||DUANE STARKS||CB|
|Buffalo Bills||JIM KELLY||QB|
|Carolina Panthers||PAT TERRELL||S|
|Chicago Bears||DICK BUTKUS||LB|
|Cincinnati Bengals||ICKEY WOODS||FB|
|Cleveland Browns||HANFORD DIXON||CB|
|Dallas Cowboys||DARREN WOODSON||S|
|Denver Broncos||RICK UPCHURCH||WR|
|Detroit Lions||CHRIS SPIELMAN||LB|
|Green Bay Packers||DONALD DRIVER||WR|
|Houston Texans||ERIC BROWN||S|
|Indianapolis Colts||BILL BROOKS||WR|
|Jacksonville Jaguars||GREG JONES||FB|
|Kansas City Chiefs||GARY GREEN||CB|
|Miami Dolphins||DWIGHT STEPHENSON||C|
|Minnesota Vikings||EJ HENDERSON||LB|
|New England Patriots||TY LAW||CB|
|New Orleans Saints||JON STINCHCOMB||T|
|New York Giants||SHAUN WILLIAMS||S|
|New York Jets||EMERSON BOOZER||RB|
|Oakland Raiders||WILLIE BROWN||CB|
|Philadelphia Eagles||JON RUNYAN||T|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||MEL BLOUNT||CB|
|St. Louis Rams||PISA TINOISAMOA||LB|
|San Diego Chargers||ANTHONY MILLER||WR|
|San Francisco 49ers||CHARLES HALEY**||LB/DE|
|Seattle Seahawks||KENNY EASLEY||S|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||MIKE ALSTOTT||RB|
|Tennessee Titans||MICHAEL ROOS||T|
|Washington Redskins||BRIG OWENS||S|
Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero, the free, expansive interactive Draft celebration in Grant Park will open at 10 a.m. CT on Saturday. No tickets are required for Draft Town. Fans will also be able to take photos onstage and tour the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University.
The free, three-day Draft celebration will culminate with musical performances by American Idol winner and platinum-selling songwriterPHILLIP PHILLIPS, Chicago-natives JC BROOKS & THE UPTOWN SOUND and singer/songwriter MARC SCIBILIA. Music to begin at 6 p.m. ET.
For more Draft information, visit NFL.com/DraftTown. Fans should follow @NFL on Twitter and use #NFLDraft for the most up-to-date information. Fans in Chicago are encouraged to share their experience using #DraftTown.
Draft Town Presented by Oikos Triple Zero
Draft Town will feature interactive elements, flag football competitions, concessions, player appearances/autograph signings, an NFL Draft Shop, the NFL PLAY 60 Field presented by Danimals, where youth football clinics will take place, visits from Draft prospects and more.
Fans can see members of the Wilson Sporting Goods team in action as they hand-make NFL leather game footballs in real-time at the Wilson booth in Draft Town. Fans can purchase Official 2015 NFL Draft, Super Bowl and regular season game footballs at the Wilson booth and chose to customize their football to reflect the passion they have for their team and the game. Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods provides the Official Game Football, “The Duke,” to the NFL.
An assortment of Draft Town fan experiences are detailed below.
- Sweetness Simulator – Fans get the chance to soar just like Chicago Bears legendary running back Walter Payton, also known as “Sweetness.” This wind tunnel skydive simulator floats fans into the air where they can strike an iconic football pose in the heart of the windy city.
- Run Like the Wind – Fans will have the opportunity to test their speed by running alongside a 40-yard long LED screen featuring NFL stars running the 40-yard dash.
- AFC & NFC Row/Team Houses – All 32 NFL clubs have a home at Draft Town at their Team House. Divided into AFC Row and NFC Row, these ultimate fan caves provide a place for fans to gather and engage with unique club content and memorabilia.
- NFL PLAY 60 Zone Presented by Danimals – An interactive area for kids and families to play together. It includes an obstacle course, mobile app gaming, green screen photo opportunity, the NFL PLAY 60 Bus and more.
- NFL PLAY 60 Field Presented by Danimals – The NFL and USA Football will host youth football clinics on the NFL Play 60 Field. Local coaches and NFL Legends will come together to teach youth about the importance of getting active and playing for 60 minutes a day.
- Super Bowl Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) – This exhibit features historical Bears memorabilia, the Vince Lombardi Trophy, Super Bowl rings and the AFC and NFC Conference Championship Trophies.
- Draft Tavern Presented by Bud Light – The hottest place to drink the coldest beer and support your team during the NFL Draft.
(Press release data provided by NFL Communications)