|NFL fans have six plus months until the NFL kicks off the 2018 season, that dose’nt stop the game from evolving during the off season. The catch was the most critical and most talked about change that was needed because of the major out cry by owners, players and fans. Below are the NEW playing rules and bylaw proposals that were adopted by NFL clubs Tuesday morning.
Approved 2018 Playing Rules Summary
1. By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the playing rule that changes the spot of the next snap after a touchback resulting from a free kick to the 25-yard line.
2. By Competition Committee; Changes standard for a catch.
7. By Competition Committee; Authorizes the designated member of the Officiating department to instruct on-field game officials to disqualify a player for a flagrant non-football act when a foul for that act is called on the field.
Approved 2018 Bylaws Summary
1. By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the liberalization of rules for timing, testing, and administering physical examinations to draft-eligible players at a club’s facility.
2. By Buffalo; For one year only, amends Article XVII, Section 17.4 to liberalize the rule for reacquisition of a player assigned via waivers.
4a. By Denver; Amends Article XVII, Section 17.16 to permit clubs to trade players from Reserve/Injured.
6. By Minnesota; Amends Article XVIII, Section 18.1 to replace the 10-day postseason claiming period with a 24-hour period.
Data provided by NFL Communications 2018